Who Are We?
The Children’s Trust of Alachua County is a Special Independent District with taxing authority. Our main focus is to fund various programs for children within our communities. Since 2018, The Children’s Trust of Alachua County has embraced their mission of supporting and funding a coordinated system of community services that allows all youth and their families to thrive.
The Perfect Fit for the Finance Director Role:
- A purpose driven person with a strong financial advisory mindset.
- An energetic individual with a strong sense of ownership and a willingness to work collaboratively with a dynamic team.
- You will strive to be the subject matter expert in your area of practice and a financial steward for the organization and community.
What You Will Do in the Role as the Finance Director:
- Serve as the primary financial advisor for CTAC and provide relevant financial information/advice to the Executive Director and Board on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to financial management and reporting, tax administration, cost benefit analysis, financial forecasting, and the securing of new funding.
- Collaborate with board members, Executive Director, and team members to assess internal and external trends and issues, revenue sources, expenditure requirements, service demands and other relevant matters and facilitate development of long-term fiscal strategies.
- Ensure finances support CTAC programs and strategic priorities.
- Establish and maintain budget, provide all financial reporting and submit quarterly statements and updates to the Executive Director, Board Member and public.
- Properly manage the investments of the CTAC’s funds; serve as the liaison with the financial services contractor who selects type and terms of investment to coincide with cash flow needs.
- Communicate and provide guidance regarding financial information both internally and externally so that a proper understanding will result in informed decisions.
- Establish and guarantee that CTAC financial policies and practices are in alignment with local, state, and federal laws, regulations and financial and accounting standards.
- Perform all work in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) all other industry best practices.
What You Bring:
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years finance experience in a government setting preferred.
- Two (2) years leadership experience.
- Proven experience in financial management, audit, revenue management, working capital and cash flow management.